Integrating AIT with the Dynamics GP General Ledger
AIT SPARC provides unique integration capabilities because it is not dependent on any specific user interface integration. SPARC allows you to integrate transactions into AIT and GP if you are using eConnect, custom integrations that directly update GP SQL tables, Integration Manager or other products that utilize eConnect.
SPARC utilizes SQL triggers that call specific AIT stored procedures to update AIT work tables. To take advantage of these triggers and stored procedures, you need only configure SPARC in AIT. SPARC will take care of the rest. However if you have more specific integration requirements that do not fit into SPARC configuration, you can utilize the AIT stored procedures to add AIT distributions.
– Always assign a default value to each parameter: never use a null value. If any value is null, error 22001 is returned in the Result output parameter.
– Decimal Places are sometimes 1 less than value in the GP table.
– Due From/Due To accounts are assigned automatically, so leave them 0.
– Use the IC00100 table in the DYNAMICS database to lookup cross-company GL Account Indexes.
– Multicurrency information can be assigned defaults if MC is not registered. If it is registered, they are required.
– SPARC is available in AIT for GP 2010 (build 11.0m68 or higher) and AIT 10.0 (build 10.0m121 or higher).
GL Stored Procedures:
Use this procedure to create a header record for an AIT Journal Entry. This should be executed before any AIT distributions are created.
* This parameter exists only in AIT 2010m125 or higher.
Use this procedure to create distribution records. When creating distributions, include only the ultimate distribution and do not try to create any GP distributions, such as non-intercompany or the due from/due to distributions: the stored procedure will take care of that for you. Always assign a default value to each parameter: never use a null value.
Use this procedure to summarize any due from/due to distributions. This can be run only once per transaction and must be run after the last distribution has been created.