Starting with build 14.m046 of GP Agent for Dynamics GP 2015R2 and 16.0m010 of GP Agent for Dynamics GP 2016, you can use the Windows Event View to log GP Agent activity. To do this you will need to temporarily grant access to the Security Event Log. Once the GP Agent log has been created, you can remove this security setting. Here are the steps to follow:
1. On the computer on which you’ll be running the DPS, open regedit.
2. Go to the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog.
3. Right-click on the Security folder and select Permissions.
4. Click the Add… button and enter the user under which you’re currently logged in and click OK.
5. Select that user, Mark Allow the Full Control checkbox and click OK.
6. Launch the DPS and click on the Logs tab of the mc² Scheduler window.
7. Mark any of the Windows Event Log checkboxes (this will create the GP Agent Log).
8. You should be able to now remove the permissions added in steps 2-5.
9. GP Agent log entries will now appear in the Application and Services Logs in the Event Viewer.